Ms. DeMine is a resident of Southwest Florida and a solo practitioner located in downtown Fort Myers. Ms. DeMine started her immigration law career immediately after graduating Ave Maria School of Law in 2012. She began working for a local firm in Fort Myers, Florida for almost 4 years. As an immigrant herself, Ms. DeMine has always been passionate about Immigration law and welcomed the opportunity to help her clients navigate the often confusing, immigration process.
Ms. DeMine has represented clients in immigration court throughout Florida and has successfully defended clients in removal/deportation trials. Ms. DeMine has also represented clients before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and has guided her clients as they pursue petitions through the U.S. consulates around the world.
In September 2016, Ms. DeMine opened her solo practice focusing on immigration and nationality law. Ms. DeMine started the firm with the idea of having an immigration-only law firm in Fort Myers, Florida. She realized that there was a strong need for an attorney who specializes in immigration law and decided to open her own firm.
Ms. DeMine comes from a very supportive family. Her parents and two brothers live in New Jersey but maintain a close relationship with Ms. DeMine. Ms. DeMine's family immigrated in 2002 and since then, has worked hard to assimilate in the United States. Her father, who was once a small rice farmer in Mahaicony Creek, Guyana, is now a small business owner in NJ. Ms. DeMine credits every ounce of her success to her parents.
In her spare time, Ms. DeMine is very involved in the local bar association, the young lawyers division and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. She also volunteers her time on the weekends, giving free immigration consultation at local churches and community centers. Ms. DeMine is married to attorney Thomas DeMine who is a local criminal defense attorney in Fort Myers, Florida.
Ms. DeMine is also an active member of the following organizations:
1. Member, AILA National Chapter for Law Student Outreach
2. Chair, Immigration Committee, Lee County Indivisible Group
3. Member, Immigration Student Group, SW Florida Community Foundation
(Currently developing an immigration app - see: landofopportunityfund.org)
4. Member, Lee County Bar Association
5. Member, AILA SW FL and Central Chapter
6. Board Member, Lee County Bar, Young Lawyers Division
7. Member, News-Press Young Professional Advisory Board
Who is Attorney Indera DeMine?
Ms. DeMine has done the following presentations on immigration:
1. Provided legal advice by going to various churches in SW Florida through a program called “Conoscas sus Derechos.” This program went on for several weekend and I traveled to several churches throughout SW FL. This was through Lee County Legal Aid.
2. Spoke to United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades county which led me to speaking at Lee County Human and Veteran Services and FISH, a non-profit organization in Sanibel Island.
3. Planned and Organized an immigration workshop with the Haitian American Democratic Club. I spoke at the organization’s monthly meetings and decided to host an immigration workshop offering free legal advice to participants.
4. Spoke at the Democratic Women’s Club.
5. Speaker for Southwest Florida Community Foundation titled, “The Contributions of Immigrats to the Southwest Florida Community.”
6. Speaker for the first annual Progressive Women’s Day in SW FL, speaking on Immigration. The event was covered by local media.
7. Spoke at immigration workshop at Lee Health Systems - one of the largest employer in SWFL.
8. Presented on Immigration at the Florida Literacy Coalition Annual Conference.
9. Spoke on Immigration at the Adult and Community Educators of Florida Summer Symposium.
10. Spoke about immigration at the Gulf Coast Paralegal Association monthly meeting.
11. Speaking at an upcoming seminar on Immigration with the LEE Building Industry Association.
12. Speaking at an upcoming Chamber of Commerce meeting on Sanibel Island.
13. Spoke on TPS/DACA issues to WGCU radio station.