top of page
pierre-blache-VMNG8BYFQfs-unsplash 1 (3).png

Family Immigration

Learn how you can get your family into the United States and apply for necessary waivers to obtain permanent residency. 


US immigration laws allow noncitizens who are family members of US citizens or lawful permanent residents, to apply to become lawful permanent residents based on their specific family relationship. This process can be lengthy and complicated based on the specific facts of your case. At DeMine Immigration, our attorneys are versed in all types of family petitions and can guide you and your family through the process.

image (37).png

Types of Family Petitions


The I-130 Petition enables citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States.


We can represent your case or petition at any US Consulate throughout the World.


An adjustment of status (AOS) enables an eligible applicant to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States without having to go abroad and apply for an immigrant visa.


Waivers allow certain individuals who are family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPRs), and who are statutorily eligible for immigrant visas, to more easily navigate the immigration process.


When a United States citizen is engaged to a non-citizen, they may apply for a K-1 visa, also known as a fiancé visa, for their entry into the United States. The purpose of a fiancé visa is to become married and for the new spouse to reside within the country. If your fiancé is granted a K-1 visa, you will need to get married within 90 days of their entry into the United States.


If you are a foreign national who has received your permanent resident status before your two-year wedding anniversary, you will be issued a two-year conditional green card. You will have 90 days to file the removal of conditions with evidence that your marriage is legitimate. If the marriage, through which you received your residency, has ended, you will need to file a waiver of the joint filing to remove the conditions on your residency.


The Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 allows Cuban natives or citizens living in the United States who meet certain eligibility requirements to apply to become lawful permanent residents. The two most important requirements of Cuban Adjustment are, that the applicant was inspected and admitted or paroled and has been physically present in the United States for at least one year at the time of filing for residency.


To become a citizen of the United States, there are a number of different requirements that an applicant must meet. In addition to being at least 18 years of age, you must meet certain criteria to qualify.

Our Process


Sign a contract with our firm and receive a list of required documents, list of frequently asked questions and resources to guide you through your process.


With attention to detail, we ensure that every case is poised for success. Our clients are prepared for their immigration interviews and court hearings and know exactly what to expect throughout the process.


Indera is a hardworking attorney she is well learned fast-thinking, ethical, courteous, well organized, brilliant, sincere and very successful in her case

Rajo Beechan

Mask group (19).png

Book a Consultation Now

Need help with your family immigration case?

 DeMine Immigration Law Firm can help. We offer a free consultation with our experienced immigration attorney to discuss your case and determine the best course of action. We have a proven track record of success in family immigration cases, and we can help you too. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.

Frequently Asked Question

  • What types of documents do I need to bring to my consultation?
    Bring any prior immigration filings/receipts with you. Bring any questions that you may have and write them down to ensure that all of your questions are answered during the consultation.
  • How long does it take to get my process started at the office?
    From the moment that you retain our firm and sign a contract, we give you a list of documents needed for your case and immediately begin working on your case. If your case involves the filing of immigration forms, we will send you an email for you to complete a questionnaire. This will enable us to complete your forms quickly. Once we have all of your documents, our turnaround time is between 1-2 weeks to get your packet ready for mail out.
  • Will the attorney answer questions without a consultation?
    Unfortunately, the attorney’s calendar does not allow time for answers to questions without a consultation. However, if your question is very simple, you can always email the attorney.
  • How long does the process take?
    This question will be answered by the attorney as processing times vary based on your process and your unique situation.
  • Can we hire at the time of consultation?
    Absolutely. If you believe that you would like to hire at the time of consultation, please bring your biographic documents (such as birth certificate, driver’s license, marriage certificate) with you at the time of the meeting.
bottom of page